Top Seven Reasons to Join a Life Group
7. Fellowship – Life groups offer a place to worship, pray, and study the Bible in an intimate setting.
Acts 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
6. Encouragement – Life groups help facilitate Biblical applications to your personal situation.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
5. Companionship – Life groups offer you the experience of the Christian lifestyle through shared journeys, joys, and growth.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
4. Accountability– Life groups teach you how to overcome struggles with sin.
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
3. Service – Life groups offer you the opportunity to serve God by helping others.
Hebrews 13:15-16 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise– the fruit of lips that confess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is
2. Support – Life groups offer you an intimate place where love and service are given and received.
Galatians 6:1-2 Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
1. Experiencing God – Life groups give you opportunity to experience God through the lives of each other.
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.
I’ll say more in the lesson!