You Will Be My Witnesses
- The Death, Burial and Resurrection (DBR) of Jesus are at the Heart of Our Faith (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
- The DBR are Historical Facts Corroborated by Eyewitnesses (1 Corinthians 15:5-8).
- The DBR of Jesus are the Essence of the Gospel Message (1 Corinthians 15:1-2; Acts 1:8).
- How Can We be Witnesses of the DBR of Jesus?
I. We Can be Witnesses of the God’s Grace.
- Through the DBR of Jesus, we Experience God’s Grace (Titus 2:11), God’s Love (John 3:16), and Jesus’ Sacrifice (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- We Witness, the DBR by Living the Story – We Share His Grace and Tell Our story.
II. We Can be Witnesses of a Changed Life.
- Through the DBR of Jesus, We Experience Newness of Life (Titus 2:11-14; Romans 6:3-7; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
- We Witness the DBR by being his New Creation before the World – We Live by Kingdom Values.
III. We Can be Witnesses of the God’s Peace.
- Through the DBR of Jesus, we Experience the Peace of God (Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:14-17; Philippians 4:7).
- We Witness the DBR by being – Instruments of His Peace.
IV. We Can be Witnesses of our Future Hope.
- Through the DBR of Jesus, We Experience Hope for Tomorrow – Resurrected Body, Restored Creation, and Eternal Presence of God (1 Corinthians 15:20-22; Revelation 21:1-5).
- We Witness the DBR by demonstrating our Eternal Worldview.
- Are You a Witness of the DBR of Christ?
- Have you Responded to His Loving Sacrifice?
Jesus told his disciples,
…You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).
Jesus was addressing those who were eyewitnesses of his death, burial and resurrection. The DBR of Jesus are the most significant events in human history because, through it, God demonstrated his love for his creation, forgave us our sins, and secured our eternal hope. This is why the DBR is at the very heart of our faith.
My lesson today is how we can be witnesses of the DBR, even though we were not eyewitnesses to these actual events. When we give our lives to Christ, we begin to experience the effects and significance of his DBR – God’s grace, a transformed life, peace with God (and others), and an eternal worldview. It is to these experiences that we can attest.
Are you a witness of and for Jesus? Have you given your life to Christ?
I’ll say more in my message. Joey