- David was a Great King, but a Lousy Father.
- Six Lessons on Fatherhood from the Life of David.
I. Fathers Must be Willing to Set an Example for their Children
- David Sinned with Bathsheba and Murdered Her Husband – (2 Samuel 11:1-27).
II. Fathers Must be Willing to Discipline their Children when they Sin
- David Refused to Administer Justice to Oldest Son – (2 Samuel 13:1-21).
III. Fathers Must Forgive and Seek Restoration with their Children
- David Refused to Forgive and Be Restored to Absalom – (2 Sam 13:38-14:1-28).
IV. Fathers Must Acknowledge that their Kids Do Wrong
- David Refused to Acknowledge Sin in His Son – (2 Sam 18:33-19:7).
V. Fathers Must Restrain the Sinful Heart in their Children
- David Did Not Restrain or Question His Sons – (1 Kings 1:6).
VI. Fathers Must Teach their Children what is Important in Life
- David Gave a Last Charge to His Son – (1 Kings 2:2).
- As Fathers we Must Examine Ourselves.
- We Need to Learn from the Mistakes of David.
- We Need to Lead our Children to Christ.
David was a great king, but a lousy father. He was indulgent, permissive, and set a horrible example in his own personal life.
Sunday morning, we will be examining six lessons on fatherhood from the life of David – five to avoid and one to imitate. We, fathers, need to examine our own lives and learn from his mistakes. Ultimately, we want to lead our families to Christ and teach them what it means to follow him.
I Hope You Will Join Us! Joey
Leave A Comment