Spiritual Warfare: The Bad Guys –
Powers of This Dark World
Introduction & Review:
- 1. We are Skeptical of the Supernatural.
- 2. The Spiritual Realm Consists of Good Guys & Bad Guys…
- 3. Good Guys include the One True God & Other Created Spiritual Beings .
- 4. These Other Spiritual Beings have Free Will and Can Sin.
- 5. Bad Guys: There have been at Least Three Rebellions.
- 6. Who/What are these Powers? (Ephesians 6:12; Ephesians 1:20-21; Ephesians 3:10; Colossians 2:15; 1 Corinthians 2:8).
More Bad Guys
- a. Humanity once again Defied God and he Scattered them across the Earth into the Various Nations. (Genesis 11:1-9).
- b. God Rejected them as His People and Chose Israel for His Inheritance (Deuteronomy 32:7-8). This is parallel to Romans 1:18-21.
- c. God would be Israel’s God, but the Nations Would be Ruled by the “Sons of God” (Deuteronomy 32:7-8; Deuteronomy 4:19-20).
- d. These “Sons of God” became Corrupt and Were Worshiped as “gods.” (Deuteronomy 32:7-8; Deuteronomy 32:15-19; Deuteronomy 4:19-20; 1 Corinthians 10:19-20; Psalm 82).
- e. Daniel 10:12-13, Daniel 10:20-21 Gives us a Glimpse of this Spiritual Warfare.
2. What Do these Dark Powers Do?
- a. They Resist the Purposes of God (Daniel 10:12-13, Daniel 10:20-21).
- b. They Oppose Christian Mission & Purpose (Ephesians 6:12).
- c. They Rule within the World Governments and Instigate Events through false Wisdom (1 Corinthians 2:6-8; 1 Timothy 4:1).
- d. They Promote The Worship of False Gods .
- e. They Enslave the Disobedient (Ephesians 2:1-2).
3. Sacred Space and Holy Ground
- a. Holy Ground in Wherever God Is.—Eden, Tabernacle, Temple,
- b. Everywhere else is the Domain of the Dark Powers.
- c. Implications for Israel and Us.
- 1. Jesus has Defeated the Dark Powers (Colossians 2:15).
- 2. God has Reversed Babel through Jesus (Acts 2; Ephesians 2-3)
- 3. The Christian Mission is to Take Back the Nations for God (Matthew 28:18-20).
- 4. Christians will Rule in the Place of the Dark Powers (1 Corinthians 6:3; Revelation 22:5)
I’ll say more in my lesson.