What Does it Mean to Be Christ-Centered?
Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
SEE THAT NO ONE TAKES YOU CAPTIVE…
- By Hollow & Deceptive Philosophy
- By Human Tradition
- By the Basic Principles of this World
DEPEND RATHER ON CHRIST
Colossians 1:15-18 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
- He is the Image of the Invisible God
- He is the Firstborn over all Creation
- By Him all things Were Created… by Him and for Him
- He is Before all things, and in Him all things Hold Together
- He is the Head of the Body, the Church
- He is the Beginning and Firstborn from the Dead.
- In all things He has Supremacy
YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FULLNESS IN CHRIST…
Colossians 2:3-10 In whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge… 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
- All the Treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge
- Nothing Else Left – “He is Over Every Power & Authority.”
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE CHRIST-CENTERED?
Colossians 3:1-5 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.
- FOCUS: Set your Hearts/Minds on things Above, NOT on Earthly things.
- ACTION: Put to Death Whatever Belongs to Your Earthly Nature.
RECOGNIZE CHRIST’S SUPREMACY AND CENTRALITY IN ALL THINGS AND ORIENT OURSELVES TO HIM