Friends & Family Day in Retrospect
- Thanks to Everyone who made Friends & Family Day a Success! From those who invited, to those who prepared the building, decorated, made food, led worship – THANK YOU!
- There is a lot said in the Bible about self–evaluation, but not as much on a program/ministry level. However, Paul does address this in 1 Corinthians 3:8-18.
- Today’s Message will Consider Some Reasons I Believe last Sunday was a Success (and Some Applications for us).
I. Christ was Exalted (Philippians 1:20).
In Sermon, Song Service, Worship, Invitations Themselves
II. The Gospel was Preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-2).
Who Knows what Good will be Done?
III. The Church was Made Known (Ephesians 3:10-11).
Christ’s Church, Who We Are, Invited to Join.
IV. Friends & Family Were Invited (Revelation 22:17).
Don’t be Discouraged. 10X Rule. Build Habit.
V. Fear was Overcome (1 John 4:18).
Fear of Inviting, Coming, Pandemic.
VI. The Body was Strengthened (Ephesians 4:11-16).
Many Equipped, Involved, Goals Set and Accomplished.
VIII. A Communal Meal Was Shared (Matthew 8:11).
This Kind of Fellowship is at the Heart of God’s People.
- Of Course, There are Things we Could have Done Better. More Involvement. Earlier Start. More Area Canvassing.
- Nothing has to Stop because the Day has Past. Continue to Invite. Give your life to Christ. Rededicate your Life to Christ.
I want to thank everyone who made our Friends & Family Day a success! Our purpose was to kick off our outreach for 2022. In the messages preceding our special day we have discussed our mandate to make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). This involves finding the lost (going), converting the lost (baptizing), and teaching the lost (teaching). This corresponds to pre-outreach, outreach, and post-outreach. Friends & Family Day helped us with both pre-outreach and outreach itself. We have learned three models for making contact with people: attractional, missional, and personal. Through our invitations we have sought both to create personal relationships and attract people to our worship and ministry opportunities. Many of you used this opportunity to invite to nudge those closest to you and also reach out to your neighbors!
In this special day, we were able to practice many of these outreach strategies. Today, I’ll be examining the success of our efforts. It is my hope that these outreach practices will become habits for us!
Have a Great Week! Joey