Spiritual Warfare: The Bad Guys –
The Big Bad
Introduction & Review:
- We are Skeptical of the Supernatural.
- There is a Spiritual Realm that Exists Parallel with the Physical.
- The Spiritual Realm Consists of Good Guys & Bad Guys…
- Good Guys: The One True God and Creator of All Things
- Good Guys: Other Spiritual Beings Created by God
- Cherubim & Seraphim
- God’s Heavenly Council Consisting of Princes, The Sons of God, and Messengers
In This Lesson we Begin to Introduce the Bad Guys.
- A Few Characteristics of Created, Supernatural Beings
a. They are Spirit Beings (Hebrews 1:7; Psalm 104:4).
b. They are NOT All-Powerful (Matthew 24:36; 1 Peter 1:10-12).
c. They are Superior to Humans—rank, provisionally immortal, power (2 Peter 2:11).
d. They Have Free Will (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6).
e. They are Fallible (Job 15:15-16)
f. Some Have Sinned & Rebelled Against God (2 Peter 2:4).
g. There is NO Redemption for Them (Jude 1:6; Hebrews 1:14, Hebrews 2:16).
- The First Rebellion—Genesis 3
a. Bad Guy # 1 –The Serpent
- Origin (Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:12-17; Revelation 12:3-9 ?)
- Identified in NT as
- The Devil (slanderer, accuser, Matthew 4:1)
- Satan (adversary, Matthew 4:10-ll)
- The Tempter (Matthew 4:3)
- Ruler/Prince of Demons (Matthew 9:34)
- Beelzebul (Lord of the Flies, Matthew 12:24)
- The Evil One (Matthew 13:19)
- The Enemy (Matthew 13:39; Luke 10:19)
- Liar/ Father of Lies (John 8:44)
- Ruler of the World/Ruler of the Air (John 14:30; 1 John 5:19; Ephesians 2:2)
- “god” of this Age (2 Corinthians 4:4)
- Belial (wickedness; worthlessness) (2 Corinthians 6:15)
- Adversary/opponent (1 Peter 5:8)
- Old Serpent (Revelation 12:9)
- The Accuser (Revelation 12:10)
I’ll say more in my lesson.